Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Years and years and years it's been. But why start a new blog when the old one is just sitting there gathering ether-dust?

It's May 2020 - there's a global pandemic.  I never want to hear the word 'unprecedented' again as long as I live.

I started a new job one week in to the lockdown which is supposed to help us get through this pandemic as well as we can. I'm now the Vicar of Huddersfield (yes - I rolled all the way down the hill to the town centre).  It's quite unusual to move jobs within the same Deanery but I'm absolutely certain that this move reflects God's continuing call to serve, and God's care for me and my growing family (I've become a grandma since we last spoke - and my oldest baby boy is now taller than me).

I'm doing some blogging on the parish website - in particular there's some 'getting to know you' stuff on the "Love in the Time of Corona" blog thread and some bits on their way on the "Stories of Song and Scripture" thread.

I think writing here might be a good idea - but I thought that the last time I was here - we'll see.




1 comment:

Ray Barnes said...

Congratulations on your new post I hope you and your new congregation will both find it rewarding.
Not the best time to move but no doubt "he" has a purpose for you.
Nice to 'see' you again after so long.
Stay safe