Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit

Thursday 18 August 2011

One moment in time....

There is so much going on - and at the same time this is the quietest time of the year. Things are moving slowly it seems but the things that are moving are massive - like monumental icebergs.  I am approaching the big curacy/incumbency move. All preparations are going incredibly well really, but this does not dissipate the tension.  The depression - of leaving a wonderful curacy, and I think most importantly a wonderful colleague in my training incumbent who has given me more than I think I will ever be able to quantify - is beginning to ebb. The excitement of all the challenges and 'getting to know you's' that lie ahead is starting to build.
In the meantime I wait for my mum to get a 'suspected anneurism' checked out which apparently needed blue light hospital dashes on Friday night but now just needs to wait for an appointment, and my wonderful, funny, strong, generous, loving godfather lies in hospital not knowing himself or anyone else anymore, waiting for only God knows what to let go of this life.
So it seems strange to have only just realised (reading the worship programme info for Greenbelt and bursting into tears) that going to Greenbelt for the first time this year, at a moment that couldn't really be more pivotal if it tried, is probably going to be emotional (understatement).  For those who have encouraged me to go and who I will be seeing there - I kind of apologise in advance.

No comments: