Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit

Monday 9 June 2014

Now that's what I'm talking about....

Quite some time ago I posted here about the merger of three Diocese into one - the creation of the Diocese of West Yorkshire and the Dales. As you can tell by the link - back then it was a maybe - and now it's a reality.  My biggest gripe was that people kept saying it was all about mission, and I couldn't see it, feel it, or understand it. Nothing I read about plans and ideas computed to the mission which was supposed to be at the heart of the decision.

Tonight I fire up the blog for the first time in a fair while to say that I am starting to see it, staring to feel it, and starting to see how me, my parish, my area, are part of this.Sometimes it is absolutely awesome to be wrong.

Tonight I've been to a meeting with other clergy in my Episcopal Area of Huddersfield and I've been inspired.  Inspired to share wacky ideas, inspired by the sense that there can be liberation from tired, downbeat, Eeyore church thinking. Inspired that we're going to really focus on discipleship, on Good News, on living love.

Tomorrow I will go about my vicar-y business with a boing in my step. Positively tigger-ish.  That's the coming of the Holy Spirit for you.