Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit

Sunday 16 January 2011

Home and Away

Been home today - well kind of home - feels like I'm all the way back where I came from, to quote Randy Newman.  Back to the church that sent me - and more than that the place I was baptised, grew up, was confirmed. The first place an ordained minister turned to the person next to him and said "she looks like she belongs up there" as I led a youth event - and the place I went back to to marry my husband, to join the choir, to baptise my first born, and to find out that people like me do do jobs like this.  I didn't have much to do as the very efficient curate was deaconing like fun  - and I got to soak up the atmosphere, indulge in a little nostalgia. I wondered briefly if my grandfather who was vicar there before I was born and who I never knew could have every prophesied or dreamed that his granddaughter would preside there one day.

No comments: